Pages

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Light Drawing

I drew this as an assignment for a class. The  assignment was to capture light in a drawing. On the day of the critique, everyone else had drawings of objects dripping in sunshine with very little graphite used. Mine, as you can see, was of a dark room and used a lot of graphite. It was a nightmare trying to wash all of it off of my hands, face and clothes. I realized quickly that my drawing found light through shadow, instead of capturing literal light.


This was put in the Spring 2010 student art show. Graphite. 23" x 18"

3 comments:

  1. I've never seen this one, its beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Dad! You've really never seen it? That's crazy, I thought I would have showed you something that was put in the art show.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's something peaceful about this one. Maybe since it doesn't have three barking dogs in it?

    ReplyDelete